Sigma Psi Zeta will hold preliminary conversations with any interested parties in the expansion process. However, this does not guarantee the acceptance of an interest group. The decision to move forward with or to close an interest group will be made with the best interest of all parties in mind.
Sigma Psi Zeta will not and does not conduct expansion activities without the express approval from the university and/or appropriate Greek council.
INTEREST GROUP REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the conditions above, members of the interest groups must abide the following:
- Each woman must be able to demonstrate leadership and dedication to members of her interest group and to members of Sigma Psi Zeta.
- Each woman must be able to uphold the beliefs of the sorority to the best of her ability.
- Each woman must be committed to attend the required rush events, whether held at her respective school or elsewhere, to complete the rush process.
- Each woman must attend a General Interest Meeting.
- Each woman must be an undergraduate student enrolled in the university or college.
- Each woman cannot hold membership to any other social Greek organization. Professional and academic organizations are acceptable.
- Each interest group must have at least ten (10) members, or the minimum the university requires to start a sorority, whichever is greater.
- Eight (8) of the ten (10) members must be of freshman or sophomore standing. All members of this interest group must fulfill membership prerequisites. This requirement is designed to stabilize the interest group upon initiation to the sorority.
- Each woman of the interest group must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 or the minimum university requirement, whichever is greater.
- Each woman must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.6 to be an active member.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.